Sapa travel guide: how to get to Sapa, hotel tips, weather, warnings, trekking tips and other travel advices
Some tips for travelling Sapa, Lao Cai, Vietnam:
- How to get there: There are many trains from Hanoi to Lao Cai. However almost all sleeper seats are controlled by travel agents. It is ipossible to buy sleeper tickets. The seat tickets are available and a few 2nd class sleeper may be available at the train station without makeup. From Lao Cai train station to Sapa (35km). Many minibuses are waiting at the train station for Sapa. They are offering the service with 3 USD/person. More about How to get to Sapa Trains and Transport
- When to go: Tourist Peak & Dry Season: Mar – May, Oct – Nov. Good season for trekking. to join the regional markets, please see when to go
- Weather in Sapa: The climate of Sapa is unique to Vietnam. It is highly seasonal, with a subtropical climate in summer and a temperate climate during the winter. The hottest months are May and June when temperature may goes up to 29°C and the coldest months are December and January when temperature may drops down to 1°C. More about Weather in Sapa
- Maps of Sapa and around: Sapa map, trekking map and the Fansipan map
- What to do in Sapa when you are there: do some excursions in Sapa to the villages, waterfalls and trek Fansipan
- How about Halong Bay after or before the trip to Sapa: I recommend the Dragon Pearl Junk for overnight
Wild Orchid Shop
Wild Orchid Shop is a small shop with very colorful and interesting paintings about the daily life of minority people. Its owner is the designer of all the styles of minority people’s costumes, specializing in Homing and Dzao people. The cheapest thing in the shop is a small scarf at the price of US$3
Shopping In Sapa
As a tourist attraction in the northwest mountains of Vietnam, Sapa is an ideal destination for those who are looking for unique shopping experiences in an area of picturesque hilly nature and rich ethinic cultures
Sapa Vietnam Weather And Climate
The climate of Sapa is unique to Vietnam. It is highly seasonal, with a subtropical climate in summer and a temperate climate during the winter. The hottest months are May and June when temperature may goes up to 29°C and the coldest months are December and January when temperature may drops down to 1°C.
Beauty of Sapa at begining of winter
The resort town of Sapa in winter fully covers with cold winds; it appears beautiful in the chamr of a foggy town, a peaceful village. The following pictures will show you this atrracting beauty.
Sapa Beauty In Four Seasons
Sapa is a natural land where four seasons are differentiated clearly. Each season is usually symbolized by distinct and original products.Whatever season is Sapa in, this land always has its rare and distinct beauty. People who have fallen in love with Sapa said that even in each day, Sapa also has its different feature from the previous day.
The weather in Sapa – Vietnam
Visitor to Sapa in summer can feel the climate of four seasons in one day. In the morning and afternoon, it is cool like the weather of spring and autumn.At noon, it is as sunny and cloudless as the weather of summer. And it is cold in the evening
Some information about Sapa weather
The climate of Hoang Lien Nature Reserve is unique to Vietnam. It is highly seasonal, with a subtropical climate in the summer and a temperate climate during the winter. The annual temperature for Sa Pa town is 15.4°C, with a maximum of 29.4°C and a minimum of – 5°C