Hanoi Lao Cai Highway is open to the public
Vietnam’s longest Noi Bai-Lao Cai highway is finalizing the final stages before officially opening to the public on September 21st.
The highway is expected to help shorten travel time from Hanoi to Lao Cai from the current 7 hours to only 3.5 hours.
Vietnam Expressway Corporation (VEC) Vice Director General Nguyen Van Nhi said his corporation is urging contractors to finish their final punch lists and supporting work on the roadside.
Some images on the highway before opening to public
Hanoi- Sapa by bus in the new highway
Advantages of travelling from Hanoi to Sapa by bus
– Faster than the train (taking 3,5 hours to go by bus in comparison 9 hours by train)
– No waiting in the early morning for Sapa hotel check in (if going by train, arrival is 6:00 and customers need wait until noon to check in)
– Keep confortable as per on the train
– Save your budget (US$ 19/person while having to pay US$ 40 for a train tickets)
– Sightseeing on the way if going by bus as it is day time
Route: Ha Noi- Vinh Phuc- Phu Tho- Yen Bai- Lao Cai
Type: Highway A
Hanoi- Yen Bai with 4 lanes, maximum speed 100km/h
Yen Bai- Lao Cai with 2 lanes, maximum speed 80km/h
Distance: 245 km
Hanoi Lao Cai Sapa by express way
Hanoi – Lao Cai Highway start from the first intersection Thang Long – Noi Bai which belongs to Hanoi. The driver can choose ways by the entrance to the intersection of roundabouts in the road and then turn right after passing over charging station at North Thang Long – Noi Bai, then turn left over the Thuy Huong 2 overpass and enter the highway.
The second way is to go to the intersection of Highway 2 and the North Thang Long – Noi Bai Highway turn left into Highway 2, go straight about 0.5 km, turn right to enter the highway in the right branch of the intersections between the highway and Highway 2.
After opening on 21st September, the travel time from Hanoi to Lao Cai will be shortened from 7 hours to about 3.5 hours
Due to the hilly terrain and many other factors, it is difficult for drivers to ensure arriving on-time as theory.
The Hanoi – Lao Cai Highway project was built according to standards for highway type A. The route from Hanoi to Yen Bai has 4 lanes, 2 lanes with emergency stops and designed for speed of 100km / h and the route from Yen Bai to Lao Cai has 2 lanes of vehicles and emergency stops designed for speed of 80 km / h.
Two sides of the road from Phu Tho to Vinh Phuc, Yen Bai are covered by enclosed fence system to prevent people and animals cross the road
In fact, building the bridges and roads over the rivers and passes are pretty much reduced the distance from the capital to the regions of Lao Cai (only 190 km).
Phone number signs of 24/24-hours rescue and aid organization is quite popular and big. The drivers will be promptly rescued in emergency or accidents
Book hotels at our First Choice travel agency, address at 18 lane 32 Chua Ha street, Cau Giay district, Hanoi, Vietnam
Lao Cai Hanoi highway 21 Sep 2014
about to open
finalize the work Lao Cai Hanoi highway
Lao Cai Hanoi HW
Motor Bike on the new road
some trucks in new highway Hanoi Lao Cai
the Hanoi Lao Cai Highway
work Lao Cai Hanoi Highway
- Delta Restaurant Sapa If you suddenly feel like trying a piece of pizza while visiting Sapa, Delta Restaurant is definitely a good choice as it provides a wide range of Western food cook in Italian-style. The […]
- Fansipan cable car is to open in Feb 2016 The cable car system is ready to use in February 2016. The Sun Group has announced that they will open the cable car in 2nd Feb 2016. Be the first to experience the […]
- Snow falls in Sapa in 2018 The temperature has sharply fallen in Sapa in the northern mountainous province of Lao Cai bringing snow.
Luu Minh Hai, head of the provincial Centre for Hydrometeorology Forecasting, […]
- Trekking and Market Tour Trekking, waterfalls and markets in Sapa, 3 nights 2 days, tour from Hanoi. An exciting introduction to Sapa combining colourful markets and stunning scenery