Phong Hai market tour
Tour name: Phong Hai market tour on Monday
Duration: 1 day
Start: from Sapa or Lao Cai
End: Sapa or Lao Cai
Route: Sapa or Lao Cai —> Phong Hai —> Chinese Border Gate —> Sapa or Lao Cai
Highlight: Sapa Hai Phong market, Chinese border gate, Lao Cai Town
The Phong Hai Market is held every Monday and here you can meet with Flower H’mong (Red H’mong), Dzay, Black Dao and Kinh people. The market traders sell clothes, handicrafts, vegetables and livestock.
The market opens at 6.30am so an early start is advised (it also closes earlier at 11am). This Phong Hai market is however a little closer to Sapa and Lao Cai than others, so there is less travel time involved. If you are on a short visit to the Northwest then you may wish to come straight from the train at Lao Cai and stop at the market en route to Sapa.
A typical itinerary for a trip to Phong Hai Market would be:
– Drive to Phong Hai ( 65 km / 1h 30m from Sapa, or 30 km / 45m from Lao Cai).
– Wander around Phong Hai Market and breathe in the sights and sounds. Why not engage in the experience by buying some fresh vegetables or barter for some handicrafts?
– After the market visit the Chinese border gate then have lunch.
– If you have come straight off the sleeper-train from Hanoi you will want to check in your hotel in Sapa and then perhaps choose to spend a half day at the Pumo House, Grande Vista or hill top locations.
PRICE in USD per person
|Number of persons||2||3||4||5||6||7||8|
– Local English speaking guide
– Private transport
– Phong Hai village entrance fee
– Other meals
– Hotels in Sapa
Once you’ve seen our itinerary for Phong Hai Market, you can make any changes you wish. We are a very flexible tailor-made tour operator and we can design tours to meet our clients’ precise requirements.
Please send email to Sapa Travel via: firstname.lastname@example.org for information about Sapa Tours and Vietnam and our sample tours. Book now for getting promotion rate.
This one day excursion to Phong Hai market on Monday is operated by Sapa Travel, a licensed tour operator in Vietnam.