Update train transfer information 2015
The most popular and convenient way to get to Sapa from Hanoi is by sleeper train.
If you choose to an experience with us we can also book the overnight trains and transfers for you.
We try to make this very easy for our guests by arranging train tickets for more than 95% of our guests. Once you read these hints and tips you will understand why it is better to leave it to us the professionals to take the guess work out and leave you to have a smooth stress free journey to Sapa.
The trains to Lao Cai depart Hanoi everynight of the week at 21:50. We choose to book our guests on the Livitrans or King Express or Fanxipang train carriages as we believe these to be the best. These carriages are VIP with 4 beds in each room. There is a toilet at the end of the carriage. We strongly advise our guests to book a private 4 berth cabin even if there are only one of two guests travelling, this ensures privacy, security and a better night sleep. The train line was build in 1906 and you can feel every piece of history in the track as you take the journey 320kms to Sapa. It certainly is a wonderful way to travel and makes coming to Sapa all that more exciting.
Bus transfer from Lao Cai to Sapa:
After 9 fairly sleepless hours on the night train you want to make sure your bus transfer from Lao Cai train station to Sapa has been organised by your hotel in Sapa, because at 5:00am when your train pulls into Lao Cai the last thing you want to do is to be left standing around having to negotiate for a seat to Sapa. I have heard crazy stories where travellers paid more then US$30 for a single ticket from Lao Cai to Sapa in a mini van. Please don’t let this happen to you.
Here are some tips:
If you want a taxi this will cost you up to 580.00 VND
The journey is 37km from Lao Cai to Sapa
The journey will take up to 1 hour depending on the weather
When you arrive it will be too early to check into most hotels.
Find a good cafe or restaurant for breakfast – Our Indigo Summer House is open from 7.30am and is a great place to shower and get some breakfast.
If you negotiate a bus ride yourself, do not pay until you arrive in Sapa
Make it easy for yourself, the train station is not the place for an adventure!!!
Terms & Conditions
By making a train booking with Sapa Travel, you acknowledge reading and accepting these Terms and Conditions and agree not to violate our policies.
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
In these Terms and Conditions “we, our, us, company” refers to Sapa Travel, an online operator for train ticket booking in Vietnam. “You” refers to the individual person creating an account with us and/or making a reservation through us. This website is offered to you and is conditioned on your acceptance without modification of the terms, conditions and notices contained herein as they exist at the time the booking is made. Your use of this website including the use of your booking, and the site information, constitutes your agreement to the following terms, conditions, and notices.
You agree to be fully responsible for any claim, expense, liability, losses, costs including legal fees incurred by us arising from any infringement of the terms and conditions set out in this agreement.
Sapa Travel reserves the right to change any part of this agreement without notice and your use of the Website will be deemed as acceptance of this agreement. We advise users to regularly check the Terms and Conditions of this agreement.
We have complete discretion to modify or remove any part of this site without warning or liability arising from such action.
To make an online train reservation, select the itinerary you would like to travel on the front page, or email the following information to Sapa Traveladventuressapa@gmail.com
• Name of passengers (as it appears in passports)
• The exact dates of traveling
• Your preferred train(s) or expected time
• Type of ticket you would require (Soft berth, hard berth, or soft seat)
• Number of adults and children (noted with ages at the time of travel) accompanied (if any)
The booking is effective only when you make the payment, and we will issue & send the ticket voucher to you.
Sapa Travel is a third party booking agent, which allow customers to reserve train ticket online in advance. We are therefore not to be held accountable for train services provided by Vietnam Railways and private train companies such as Livitrans, King Express, Sapaly to name a few. Please direct any inquiries, concerns or complaints to the train travel experience to the corresponding people in charge.
– For the ticket delivery process, when we send you the booking confirmation and request for an address where the tickets be delivered you will have to provide us the address to deliver your tickets prior to your departure time. Otherwise, we are not responsible for delay or missing your train.
* Recommended – 4-berth soft sleeper cabin refers to the cabin where 4 people share one cabin, which 4 berths in each cabin (see prices above)
Also available on request:
Soft-seat refers to the ticket option of soft non-armchair seat, with air-conditioner in cabin.
6 berth hard sleeper cabin refers to the ticket option of hard bed on a cabin, shared with 5 other people
2-berth soft sleeper cabin refers to the cabin with only 2 berths where 2 people share one cabin. The cabin with 4 berths but two upper berths are removed where 2 people share one cabin
Unless specified otherwise, rates are quoted in US dollars. The fares rates are for one way trip, including all fees and service charges.
• Under 5 years: Travel free if sharing berth with parents
• From 5: Price will be 100% of adult price
– Credit Card: We accept payment through all major credit cards. In both ways, we will only proceed with the payment after reconfirming with you.
– PayPal. We accept payment via PayPal with a commission fee of 8.5%
– Bank transfer: Bank transfers can be made from your bank account abroad. For this payment method, you will need to cover for all bank fees (usually an additional 3%). Our bank account information as below:
Name’s card holder: Tran Quoc Long
Address: 198 Tran Quang Khai, Hanoi, Vietnam
Account number: 0011000536585
Bank’s name: VietcomBank
CANCELLATION & REFUNDS
– Ticket cancellation or amendment made after issued Booking Confirmation will be charged 30% of the ticket price.
– Ticket cancellation or amendment made 48 hours before departure date will be charged 50% of the ticket price.
– No Show or Ticket cancellation or amendment made less than 48 hours of the departure date will be charged 100% of the ticket price.
Important Note: When the tickets were issued and delivered to your address in Vietnam then it will be impossible to cancel! In that case, you need to bring tickets to the nearest train station to cancel by yourself! We can not make a cancellation without tickets in our hands!
Sapa Travel reserves the right to cancel your booking with a prior notice. In such case, a full refund of 100% will be credited to your account.