What to bring when trekking Fansipan
Fansipan is branded “the Roof of Indochina” at the height of 3,143m; Fansipan is to be approved as one of the very few eco-tourist spots of Vietnam, with about 2,024 floral varieties and 327 faunal species. The climb is rough, wet and cold, but the views are rewarding if the weather is good. The top is accessible year-round to anyone who is in good shape and properly equipped. No ropes or technical climbing skills are needed, just endurance.Trekking time is 5 – 8 hours per day.
Equipment that you should bring
Besides your good health, the only thing you should bring yourself is a pair of good walking-boots, or another kind of solid foot-wear. You should have tried them out beforehand, and know that you can walk in them all through the day !
– Good hiking shoes (should be soft, well fitted and anti-slippery)
– 2 pairs of thick socks ( for use in the walking-boots)Sandals or light footwear ( for use in the evening )
– Sun-cream (with a high factor ; 10-20 )
-Hat or cap, with a shade
-Medicine for your own use (fever, bad stomach etc.)
– Warm jacket and pullover (expected to be very cold), preferable with head cover
– Rain coat (big enough to cover you backpack as well), cap, glasses
– Flash light
– Well-fitted gloves to help grab while trekking.
– First aid kit (aspirin, anti-biotic, salon pas, healing tape, energy pills…)
– Personal hygiene stuffs
– Sleeping bag (otherwise will be provided on spot)
– Insect spray (not really necessary in this season)
– Protectors for knees and ankles- Whistle (to alert in case of emergencies)
– All belongings should be compact, light and just sufficient for the trek and to avoid unnecessary burden
– Clothing should be loose to make it easy for long treks
– Always stick to the group or local porters in case of assistance, don’t deviate.
– Keep a good stable pace, no need to rush in any case. If you are ahead of the group,
slow down and wait for the company.
– Always provide yourself enough energy from the meals, particularly breakfast.
See the package for trekking Fansipan with Sapa Travel