Victoria Express Train
Welcome on board the Victoria Express Train. Reaching Sapa has never been more appealing: travel in style on board the luxurious Victoria Express Train. The Victoria Express Train features one dining carriage and two sleeping carriages to make your travelling experience a most comfortable one.
With its elegant carriages, the Victoria Express Train recalls a more romantic era. Passing through the exotic landscapes of North Vietnam, between the charming cities of Hanoi and Lao Cai (train station at a distance of 34 km (21 miles) from Sapa), it offers every visitor a wonderful travelling experience.
Indulge yourself in our dining carriage, “Le Tonkin”, where you can savour the delights of traditional Vietnamese and Western cuisine. Our talented Chef Nguyen Tien Duc will be waiting for you with a selection of the best wines, adding a further exquisite touch to a memorable experience.
The train departs six times a week, linking Hanoi to Lao Cai. The Victoria Express Train is a 8.5 hour trip from Hanoi to Lao Cai, accommodating up to 52 passengers with comfortable seating, a dining carriage* (see Victoria Express Train Schedule) and two luxurious sleeping carriages.
Each sleeping carriage has 6 superior cabins (4 berths) and 1 deluxe cabins (2 berths), all are air-conditioned, wood panelled, with individual reading lights, baggage storage, toilets and oversized windows.
The Victoria Express Train is exclusively reserved for Victoria Sapa Resort & Spa’s in-house guests. To make a reservation for the Victoria Express Train, you need to complete a Victoria Express Train reservation form, that is part of the Victoria Sapa Resort & Spa’s rooms reservation form.
For information about transfers to / from the Lao Cai Train Station and visits to the local hill tribe markets please visit our Location & Transfers page.
BOOK VICTORIA EXPRESS
- Please note that you need to book the Victoria Express Train (VET) in advance
- Contact our experts at Sapa Travel for supports
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tell us the date of departure and return, number of tickets you need
- We will send the ticket vouchers when payment is received
- Weekday Departures (WD): Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday (Lao Cai – Hanoi) & Sunday (Hanoi – Lao Cai)
- Weekend Departures (WE): Friday (Hanoi – Lao Cai) & Sunday (Lao Cai – Hanoi)
- One Way tickets are not available on Weekend Departures
- Ticket price does not include meals
- Above rates are for shared cabin basis, please ask for rate and room surcharge if you wish to have a private cabin
- On departures with dining carriage an optional 4-course set dinner is available as well as a la carte menu. Please reserve the set dinner at time of train booking
- Hanoi Railway Station: 120 Le Duan Street, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi
- The Hanoi Railway Station is about 1 hour drive away from Noi Bai (Hanoi) International Airport
Specific Term And Conditions
1. All above rates are per person per berth, exclusive of 5% service charge and 10% government tax
2. All rates are based on the current train operations
3. Rates are valid until September 30th, 2009
4. The above rates do not include meals onboard the Victoria Express Train
5. Victoria Express Train is exclusively reserved for Victoria Sapa Resort & Spa’s in-house guests
6. Train departure times are subject to change without prior notice
7. Free of charge for children less than 5 years old, using parents’ existing seats. 15% off on adult rates for children between 5 – 12 years old.
8. Victoria Hotels & Resorts may be obliged to cancel travel arrangements due to circumstances beyond its control. These may be for reasons of force majeur (cancellation/alteration of domestic scheduled services, technical problems with transportation, contamination, closure of airport or train stations, war [whether declared or not], threat of war, riots, civil disturbances, strikes, disasters, terrorist activities or threat of such, etc). In such cases, Victoria Hotels & Resorts shall inform direct clients without delay and shall offer clients the choice of alternative dates or transportation (in that case the refund can not exceed 30% of the transportation cost) or a full refund of all money paid.
See what people say about us at Sapa Reviews
Where to eat and the best restaurant in the town
Adventures and tours in Sapa with Sapa Travel
What is a amazing waterfall in Cat Cat Village
How to find the best view to the valley in Sapa
Local guide and information before travelling Sapa